Enrolling Your Child

When can my child start school?

To find out when your child can start school please go to the School Age Calculator . Families living in Tom Price Primary School's catchment area are entitled to enrol their children at this school. Please view the local area intake map for boundaries. Prior to a child being admitted to Tom Price Primary School, a parent or guardian must complete an Application for Enrolment form. An interview with the Principal will follow and an Enrolment Form completed before an admission can be finalised. The enrolling officer should also sight a full birth certificate and an immunisation record from the Australian Childhood Immunisation Register.(children born outside Australia will also need to provide passport/visa details or Australian Citizenship Certificate). For the well being of your child and the convenience of the school staff, please ensure the following information on the enrolment form is kept up to date.

  • Home and work telephone numbers
  • Address
  • Family Doctor
  • Emergency contact number

It is important that parents present the immunisation record upon enrolment because if an outbreak of a disease occurs, children not immunised MAY be excluded from school by the Health Department. It is also necessary for parents to ensure that any custodial information is presented during enrolment. Custody papers must be presented to the enrolling officer and the school will keep a copy. The custodial parent is asked to ensure that all necessary accurate information is given when enrolling. A child MUST be enrolled in the names that occur on their birth certificate, unless these have been changed by deed poll. We are not allowed to use any other names on official documents.  

Immunisation records we require is the summary provide by Medicare. You can do this by using your Medicare online account through myGov or using the Express Plus Medicare mobile app